Research interests: analytical chemistry, environmental chemistry, spectrochemistry, laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS), analytical methods development and validation, Application of laser-induced plasma spectroscopy for the elemental analysis of solid materials, synthesis of nanoparticles in the liquid phase by laser radiation, and a standard chemical approach, development of a new electroanalytical sensor for the analysis of food and biological liquids.
BSc in Chemistry (2012), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry, BSc thesis title: “Analysis toxic microelements bioavailability in the soil after application of different types of fertilizers”.
MSc in Chemistry (2013), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry, BSc thesis title: “Influence of matrix effect of extractants on the metal determination by ICP-OES method in real soil samples using BCR®-701 reference material”.
PhD in Chemistry (2019), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry, PhD thesis title: “Spectroscopy of Plasma Induced by Pulsed Carbon Dioxide Laser Radiation: Application for Qualitative and Quantitative Solid Samples Analysis”.
Dec 2013 – Apr 2014 – Trainee for Scientific Communicator, Computer School “Vinča”.
May 2014 – Oct 2014 – analyst, Anahem ltd.
Mar 2010 – Oct 2020 – web designer, 99designs.
Jan 2015.- Present – Department of Physical Chemistry, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences.
Jan 2018. – Present – Secretary of Environmental Chemistry Division, Serbian Chemical Society
Oct 2020.- Present – Deputy head of the Department of Physical Chemistry, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences
Program topic: Development of laser methods for pollution detection and environmental monitoring (2021- present); participant.
Program topic: Interaction of laser radiation with materials: basic research and application in nanotechnologies (2021- present); participant.
Bilateral project with Hungary. Cooperation between the University of Szeged, Hungary and the Institute of Nuclear Sciences VINCA, Belgrade, Serbia. “Performance enhancement of solid sampling laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy using composite metallic nanoparticles” (2022-2023), PI of Serbian side.
Bilateral project with Belarus. Cooperation between the B.I.Stepanov Institute of Physics, Minsk, Belarus and Institute of Nuclear Sciences VINCA, Belgrade, Serbia. “Plasma assisted synthesis of advanced functional nanomaterials for the development of novel electrochemical sensors” (2022-2024), participant.
List of five selected publications:
- Ognjanović, M., Nikolić, K., Radenković, M., Lolić, A., Stanković, D., Živković, S. 2022. Picosecond laser-assisted synthesis of silver nanoparticles with high practical application as electroanalytical sensor. Surfaces and Interfaces, 35, 102464. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfin.2022.102464
- Blažeka, D., Radičić, R., Maletić, D., Živković, S., Momčilović, M. Krstulović, N., 2022. Enhancement of Methylene Blue Photodegradation Rate Using Laser Synthesized Ag-Doped ZnO Nanoparticles. Nanomaterials, 12(15), p.2677. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano12152677
- Živković, S., Botto, A., Campanella, B., Lezzerini, M., Momčilović, M., Pagnotta, S., Palleschi, V., Poggialini, F. and Legnaioli, S., 2021. Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy elemental mapping of the construction material from the Smederevo Fortress (Republic of Serbia). Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic Spectroscopy, 181, p.106219. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sab.2021.106219
- Momcilovic, M., Petrovic, J., Ciganovic, J., Cvijovic-Alagic, I., Koldzic, F., Zivkovic, S., 2020. Laser-induced plasma as a method for the metallic materials hardness estimation: An alternative approach. Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, 40(2), pp.499-510. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11090-020-10063-5
- Radenković, M., Momčilović, M., Petrović, J., Mraković, A., Relić, D., Popović, A., Živković, S., 2022. Removal of heavy metals from aqueous media by sunflower husk: A comparative study of biosorption efficiency by using ICP-OES and LIBS. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, (00), pp.22-22. https://doi.org/10.2298/JSC220105022R