Research interest: Chemical synthesis of goldnanomaterials, biologically active compounds, peptide chemistry, enzyme kinetics, biosensors.
Postdoctoral studiesin Drug Research (2010 –2014), School of Pharmacy, Institute for Drug Research, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
Ph.D. in Biochemistry (2008), Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade. Thesis title: “Mechanism of interaction of quercetin and human myeloperoxidase isolated from granulocytes”.
M.Sc. in Biochemistry (2001), Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade. Thesis title: “Immobilization of Na, K-ATPase isolated from rat brain synaptic plasma membranes”.
B.Sc. in Biochemistry (1997), Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade. Thesis title: “Study of conditions for binding of thyroxine for various solid phases”.
2003 – Present, Department of Physical Chemistry, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences.
1997 –2002, Department of Endocrinology and Molecular Biology, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences.
Program topic: Chemicо-biological approach to the characterization of bioactive compounds-strategies for improving health and the environment (2021-present); participant.
Bilateral project with France. Cooperation between Laboratory of Nanotechnology, Instrumentation and Optics (LNIO),
University of Technology of Troyes (UTT) and Institute of nuclear sciences Vinča. Project title: “Development of gold nano-structured biosensor based on localized surface plasmon resonance for detection of protein cancer marker”, Project leader.
List of selected publications:
- A. M. Bondžić, D. D. Vasić Anićijević, G. V. Janjić, I. Zeković, T. Momić, A. Vujačić Nikezić and V. M. Vasić: Na,K-ATPase as a biological target for gold(III) complexes: a theoretical and experimental approach, Curr. Med. Chem. 28(23), (2021) 1-57, DOI:10.2174/0929867328999210101233801.
2. T. Momić, T. Lazarević Pašti, U. Bogdanović, V. Vodnik, A. Mraković, Z. L.J. Rakocević, V. B. Pavlović and V. Vasić: Adsorption of organophosphate pesticide dimethoate on gold nanospheres and nanorods. J. Nanomater. 2016, (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/8910271.
3. T. Momic, J. Katzehendler, E. Shai, E. Noy, H. Senderowitz, J.A. Eble, C. Marcinkiewicz, D. Varon and P. Lazarovici: Vipegitide: a folded peptidomimetic partial antagonist of α2β1 integrin with anti-platelet aggregation activity. Drug Des. Dev. Ther. 9, 291-304 (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/DDDT.S72844.
- T. Momic, J. Katzehendler, O. Benny, A. Lahiani, G. Cohen, E. Noy, H. Senderowitz, J. A. Eble, C. Marcinkiewicz, and P. Lazarovici: Vimocin and Vidapin, cyclic KTS peptides, dual antagonists of α1β1/α2β1 integrins with antiangiogenic activity J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 350(3), 506-519 (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1124/jpet.114.214643.
- T. Momić, Z. Vujčić and V. Vasić: Kinetics of inhibition of peroxidase activity of myeloperoxidase by quercetin, Int. J. Chem. Kinet. 40(7), (2008) 384-394, https://doi.org/10.1002/kin.20319.