Research interest: environmental protection, environmental health, neurotoxicology, nanomaterials, carbon materials, adsorption, sensor development, pesticides, acetylcholinesterase, acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, neurotoxicology, Alzheimer’s disease.
BSc in Biochemistry (2008), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry, BSc thesis title: “Structural characterization of the hexaene complex H-85”.
PhD in Biochemistry (2012). University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry, PhD thesis title: “Application of organophosphate pesticide oxidation in methods for their detection based on acetylcholinesterase inhibition”.
Program topic: „A chemico-biological approach to the characterization of bioactive compounds – strategies for improving health and the environment“ (2021- present); participant.
COST action: CA22147 – European metal-organic framework network: combining research and development to promote technological solutions (EU4MOFs) (2023 – 2027); participant.
List of five selected publications:
- Lazarević-Pašti, T*. Carbon Materials for Organophosphate Pesticide Sensing (2023) Chemosensors, 11(2), pp. 93. DOI: 10.3390/chemosensors11020093
- Mitić, M., Lazarević-Pašti, T*. Does the application of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease lead to depression? (2021) Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, 17 (7), pp. 841-856. DOI: 10.1080/17425255.2021.1931681
- Mitrović, T., Lazović, S., Nastasijević, B., Pašti, I.A., Vasić, V., Lazarević-Pašti, T*. Non-thermal plasma needle as an effective tool in dimethoate removal from water (2019) Journal of Environmental Management, 246, pp. 63-70. DOI: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2019.05.143
- Lazarević-Pašti, T*., Anićijević, V., Baljozović, M., Anićijević, D.V., Gutić, S., Vasić, V., Skorodumova, N.V., Pašti, I.A. The impact of the structure of graphene-based materials on the removal of organophosphorus pesticides from water (2018) Environmental Science: Nano, 5 (6), pp. 1482-1494. DOI: 10.1039/c8en00171e
- Lazarevic-Pašti, T*., Leskovac, A., Momić, T., Petrovic, S., Vasic, V. Modulators of acetylcholinesterase activity: From Alzheimer’s disease to anti-cancer drugs (2017) Current Medicinal Chemistry, 24 (30), pp. 3283-3309. DOI: 10.2174/0929867324666170705123509