Research interest: Spectrochemistry, Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Physical chemistry of plasma, Laser surface modification, Laser synthesis of nanoparticles.
BSc in Physical Chemistry (2005), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Physical Chemistry, BSc thesis title: “Application of CCD detectors in atomic spectrochemistry”.
PhD in Physical Chemistry (2014). University of Belgrade, Faculty of Physical Chemistry, PhD thesis title: “Interaction of impulse TEA CO2 laser radiation with copper target: spectroscopy of plasma and morphological effects”.
2020 – present, Head of Department of Physical Chemistry, Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča
Program topic: Development of laser methods for pollution detection and environmental monitoring (2021- present); project leader.
Program topic: Interaction of laser radiation with materials: basic research and application in nanotechnologies (2021- present); participant.
International project Italia-Serbia “Grande Rilevanza”. Cooperation between Institute of Chemistry of Organometallic Compounds, Pisa, Italy and Institute of nuclear sciences VINČA, Belgrade, Serbia. Title of project: “Micro LIBS Scan Elemental Mapping: a powerful tool for Cultural Heritage studies“, (2019-2023); Project leader of Serbian side.
Bilateral project with Hungary. Cooperation between Department for analytical and inorganic chemistry of University of Szeged and Institute of nuclear sciences VINČA: „Performance enhancement of solid sampling laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy using composite metallic nanoparticles“ (2021-2023), participant.
Bilateral project with Belorussia. Cooperation between Institute of Physics “B.I. Stepanov”, NAN Belarus, Minsk, Belorussia, and Institute of nuclear sciences VINČA, Belgrade, Serbia. Title fo project: “Synthesis of advanced nanoparticles by plasma techniques for the development of new electrochemical sensors””(2022-2024), Project leader of Serbian side.
Transfer technology program funding by The Innovation Fund of The Republic of Serbia: “Application of Green Synthesized Silver Nanoparticles for Skin and Oral Treatment” (2022-2023), participant.
List of five selected publications:
- M. Momčilović, J. Petrović, J. Ciganović, I. Cvijović-Alagić, F. Koldžić , S. Živković, Laser-Induced Plasma as a Method for the Metallic Materials Hardness Estimation: An Alternative Approach, Plasma Chem Plasma P. 700 (2020) 499-510, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11090-020-10063-5
- M. Momčilović, S. Živković, J. Petrović, I. Cvijović-Alagić, J. Ciganović, An original LIBS system based on TEA CO2 laser as a tool for determination of glass surface hardness, Appl Phys B-Lasers. 80 (2019) 222, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00340-019-7329-2
- S. Živković, J. Savović, M. Kuzmanović, J. Petrović, M. Momčilović, Alternative analytical method for direct determination of Mn and Ba in peppermint tea based on laser induced breakdown spectroscopy, Microchemical Journal 137 (2018) 410, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2017.11.020
- M. Momčilović, M. Kuzmanović, D. Ranković, J. Ciganović, M. Stoiljković, J. Savović, M. Trtica, Optical Emission Studies of Copper Plasma Induced Using Infrared Transversely Excited Atmospheric (IR TEA) Carbon Dioxide Laser Pulses, Appl. Spectrosc. 69 (2015) 419-429., https://doi.org/10.1366/14-07584
- M. Momčilović, M. Trtica, J. Ciganović, J. Savović, J. Stašić, M. Kuzmanović, Analysis of Copper Surface Features Obtained Using TEA CO2 Laser at Reduced Air Pressure, Appl. Surf. Sci. 270 (2013) 486-494., https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2013.01.067