Research interest: Carbon materials, Decontamination by adsorption and electrochemical techniques, Modeling and simulation
BSc in Chemical Engineering (2008), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, BSc thesis title: “Optimization and techno-economic cost effectiveness of the biodiesel production process from waste fats and oils”.
PhD student (2014 – present), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, submitted title of the PhD thesis: “Application of composite carbon electrodes for electrochemical removal of organic dyes from aqueous solutions – experimental and theoretical approach”.
2008 – 2013, Innovation centre of Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade
2014 – 2016, Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade
2018 – present, Department of Physical Chemistry, Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča
2008 – 2018, external professional associate, company for experimental development, engineering and consulting company Bioeko Technologies Ltd.
2011 – 2012, assistant project manager, Inovation Fund of the Republic of Serbia
Program topic: Fundamental and applied aspects of electrocatalysis in energy systems and green technologies (2021- present); participant.
Program topic: Removal of pollutants from the environment (2021- present); participant.
List of five selected publications:
- Ječmenica Dučić, M., Aćimović, D., Savić, B., Rakočević, L., Simić, M., Brdarić, T., Vasić Anićijević, D., 2022. Is It Possible to Restrain OER on Simple Carbon Electrodes to Efficiently Electrooxidize Organic Pollutants? Molecules 27, 5203. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules27165203
- Ječmenica Dučić, M., Vasić Anićijević, D., Savić, B., Aćimović, D., Simić, M., Maksin, D., Brdarić, T., 2022. New Strategies for Development of Highly Selective Materials for Carbon Dioxide Capture. Presented at the 29 th International Conference Ecological Truth and Environmental Research, Sokobanja, Serbia, pp. 81–84.
- Ječmenica Dučić, M., Pešić, R., Slavnić, D., Brdarić, T., Savić, B., Aćimović, D., Tadić, G., 2021. Water reuse and energy integration minimizing the environmental impact of the vulcanization process in rubber industry. Presented at the VII International Congress Engineering, Environment and Materials in Process Industry, Jahorina, Republic of Srpska, B&H, pp. 96–101. https://doi.org/DOI 10.7251/EEMEN2101096JD
- Ječmenica Dučić, M., Đukić, I., Nikačević, N., Petkovska, M., 2020. 3D model of a Monolithic Honeycomb Adsorber for Electric Swing Adsorption for Carbon Dioxide Capture. Journal of Engineering & Processing Management 12, 1–14. https://doi.org/10.7251/JEPM2001001D
- Ječmenica Dučić, M., Djukic, I., Nikačević, N., Petkovska, M., Samsatli, N., Rodríguez, J., Ramos-Plasencia, A., 2015. Model Reduction (3D to 1D) of a Monolithic Honeycomb Adsorber for Optimization of Electric Swing Adsorption Cycle for CO2 Capture. Presented at the 10th European Congress of Chemical Engineering, 3th European Congress of Aplied Biotechnology and 5th European Process Intensification Congress, Nice, France, p. 1315.