Research interest: air pollution, respirable particles, oxidative potential, reactive oxygen species, carbonaceous species.
BSc in Chemistry (2011), University of Belgrade, Faculty Chemistry, BSc thesis title: “Synthesis of new heterocyclic compounds of the aminoquinoline type”.
Msc in Chemistry (2012), University of Belgrade, Faculty Chemistry, MSc thesis title: “Theoretical research of the equilibrium constant for various derivatives of 3-ciano-2-pyridin”.
PhD in Chemistry (2020), University of Belgrade, Faculty Chemistry, PhD thesis title: “Chemical content and oxidative potential of respirable particulate matter in urban and in industrial environments”.
2013 – 2015, professor of chemistry, VI Belgrade grammar school
2016 – present, Department of Physical Chemistry, Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča
Program topic: Air pollution of the outdoor environment and indoor space – measurement and modeling of the spatio-temporal distribution of air pollution and exposure assessment (2021- present); participant.
2020-2023(4), Horizon Europe project H2020, „Virtual centre for distributed atmospheric sensing for reduction of pollution pressures’“ – VIDIS, participant.
2022-2025, Horizon Europe project H2022 „Research reinforcing in the western Balkans in offline and online monitoring and source identification of atmospheric particle”- WeBaSOOP, participant.
2020-2022, Serbian science and diaspora collaboration program – „Holistic investigation of the toxicity of the air we breathe“ – АIRTOX, participant.
2021-2023, UNICEF initiative in Serbia, “Schools for better air quality, as a part of unicef serbia initiative” schools for better air quality: citizens-based monitoring, stem education, and youth activism in serbia”, participant.
2021-2022, “ Spatial and temporal variations of the level of respirable particles in the urban area of Novi Sad – mobile monitoring, modeling and creation of high-resolution maps“, participant.
2022-2023, ” Mapping air pollution by atmospheric particles in near-real time in Novi Sad using data from sensor networks and statistical/physical modeling “, participant.
2018-2022, COST action 17136 ,,Indoor air pollution network”- INDAIRPOLLNET.
List of five selected publications:
- Jovanović M., Savić J., Kovačević R., Tasić V., Todorović Ž., Stevanović S., Manojlović D., Jovašević-Stojanović M. (2019). Comparison of fine particulate matter level, chemical content and oxidative potential derived from two dissimilar urban environments. Science of the Total Environment, 708: 135209. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.135209
- Jovanovic, M.V., Savic, J.Z., Salimi, F., Stevanovic, S., Brown, R.A., Jovasevic-Stojanovic, M., Manojlovic, D., Bartonova, A., Bottle, S., Ristovski, Z.D. (2019). Measurements of Oxidative Potential of Particulate Matter at Belgrade Tunnel; Comparison of BPEAnit, DTT and DCFH Assays. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(24): 4906. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16244906
- Topalović B. D., Davidović D. M., Jovanović M., Bartonova A., Ristovski Z., Jovasević-Stojanović M. (2019). In search of an optimal in-field calibration method of low-cost gas sensors for ambient air pollutions: Comparison of linear, multilinear and artificial neural network approaches. Atmospheric Environment, 213: 640-658. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2019.06.028
- Davidović D. M., Dmitrašinović S., Jovanović M., Radonić J., Jovasević-Stojanović M. (2021). Diurnal, temporal and spatial variations of main air pollutants before and during emergency lockdown in the city of Novi Sad (Serbia), Applied Sciences, 11 (1212), https://doi.org/10.3390/app11031212
- RančićM., Stojiljković I., Milošević M., Prlainović N., Jovanović M., Milčić M. K., Marinković A. D.(2019). Solvent and substituent effect on intramolecular charge transfer in 5-arylidene-3-substituted-2,4-thiazolidinediones: experimental and theoretical study. Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 12(8): 5142-5161.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2016.12.013