Research interests: Spectrochemistry, optical emission spectroscopy, Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Physical chemistry of plasma, Plasma diagnostics, Laser and chemical synthesis of nanoparticles, and their applications.
BSc in Physical Chemistry (2016), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Physical Chemistry, BSc thesis title: “Band emission of C2 molecule in a plasma obtained by the interaction of a TEA CO2 laser and graphite”.
MSc in Physical Chemistry (2017), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Physical Chemistry, BSc thesis title: “Determination of barium and manganese in tea samples by laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy”.
PhD in Physical Chemistry (2022), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Physical Chemistry, PhD thesis title: “Spectroscopic investigation of carbon plasma induced by pulsed carbon dioxide laser radiation”.
Program topic: Development of laser methods for pollution detection and environmental monitoring (2021- present); participant.
Program topic: Interaction of laser radiation with materials: basic research and application in nanotechnologies (2021- present); participant.
Bilateral project with Hungary. Cooperation between Department for analytical and inorganic chemistry of University of Szeged and Institute of nuclear sciences VINČA: „Performance enhancement of solid sampling laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy using composite metallic nanoparticles“ (2021-2023), participant.
Bilateral project with Belorussia. Cooperation between Institute of Physics “B.I. Stepanov”, NAN Belarus, Minsk, Belorussia, and Institute of nuclear sciences VINČA, Belgrade, Serbia. Title for project: “Synthesis of advanced nanoparticles by plasma techniques for the development of new electrochemical sensors””(2022-2024), participant.
List of five selected publications:
- S. Zivkovic, J. Savovic, M. Kuzmanovic, J. Petrovic, M. Momcilovic, Alternative analytical method for direct determination of Mn and Ba in peppermint tea based on laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (2018) Microchemical Journal, 137, pp. 410-417., https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2017.11.020
- M. Kuzmanovic, D. Rankovic, M. Trtica, J. Ciganovic, J. Petrovic, J. Savovic, Optical emission of graphite plasma generated in ambient air using low-irradiance carbon dioxide laser pulses (2019) Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic Spectroscopy, 157, pp. 37-46., https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sab.2019.05.006
- M. Momcilovic, S. Zivkovic, J. Petrovic, I. Cvijovic-Alagic, J. Ciganovic, An original LIBS system based on TEA CO2 laser as a tool for determination of glass surface hardness (2019) Applied Physics. B: Lasers and Optics, 125, pp. 222., https://doi.org/10.1007/s00340-019-7329-2
- J. Petrović, J. Savovic, D. Rankovic, M. Kuzmanovic, Quantitative Analysis of Coal by Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy Using TEA CO2 Laser as the Excitation Source (2022) Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, 42 pp. 519-533., https://doi.org/10.1007/s11090-022-10234-6
- J. Petrovic, D. Rankovic, M. Kuzmanovic, J. Savovic, V. Kiris, A. Nevar, M. Nedelko and N. V. Tarasenko, Diagnostics of laser-induced plasma on carbon-based polymer material using atomic and molecular emission spectra (2022) Plasma Science and Technology., https://doi.org/10.1088/2058-6272/aca30f