Research interest: Potential anti-Alzheimer and anticancer drugs. Nanoparticles and their application in drug delivery systems, biosensing and imaging. MOF as new materials for effective detection and removal of xenobiotics from the environment.
PhD in Biophysical Chemistry (2017), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Physical Chemistry, PhD thesis title: “The interaction of bipyridyl gold(III)complexes and polyoxotungstates with Na+/K+-ATPaze and acetylcholinesterase”.
MSc in Chemistry (2011), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry, MSc thesis title: “Oxidation of quercetin by tetrachloraurate(III) ion in acidic media”.
BSc in Chemistry (2006), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry, BSc thesis title: “Kinetic of reaction between [AuCl4 ]– and quercetin”.
2011 – present, Department of Physical Chemistry, Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča
04/2023 – 10/2023 – postdoctoral fellowship – Department of Chemistry, KU Leuven, Belgium
Program topic: Design and development of complex chemical structures and innovative methods in the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders, cancer and in the removal of xenobiotics from the environment (2024-present); project leader.
Project: “Plasmonic-based light harvesting for photocatalytic microfluidic devices” (2023-2026), PlasmaHarvest – Program PRIZMA, Science Fund of the Republic of Serbia; participant.
Cost action CA22147 – European metal-organic framework network: combining research and development to promote technological solutions (EU4MOFs) (2023-2027); Member of Management Committee for Serbia
List of five selected publications:
- Bondžić А.М.*, Jovanović D., Arsenijević N., Laban B., Lazarević Pašti T., Klekotka U., Bondžić B.P., ““Soft Protein Corona” as the Stabilizer of the Methionine-Coated Silver Nanoparticles in the Physiological Environment: Insights into the Mechanism of the Interaction”, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2022, 23(16), 8985. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms23168985
- Bondžić A. M.*, Lazarević Pašti T. D., Pašti I. A., Bondžić B. P., Momčilović M., Loosen A., Parac-Vogt T. N. “Synergistic Effect of Sorption and Hydrolysis by NU-1000 Nanostructures for Removal and Detoxification of Chlorpyrifos”, ACS Applied Nano Materials, 2022, 5, 3, 3312–3324. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsanm.1c03863
- Bondžić A. M.,* Žakula J. J., Korićanac L. B., Keta O. D., Janjić G. V., Đorđević I. S. Rajković S. U. “Cytotoxic activity and influence on acetylcholinesterase of series dinuclear platinum(II) complexes with aromatic nitrogen-containing heterocyclic bridging ligands: Insights in the mechanisms of action”, Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2022, 351, 109708. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cbi.2021.109708
- Bondžić A.M.*, Lazarević-Pašti T.D., Leskovac, A.R., Petrovića Ž.P.,Čolović M. B., Parac-Vogt T. N., Janjić G.V.* “A new acetylcholinesterase allosteric site responsible for binding voluminous negatively charged molecules – the role in the mechanism of AChE inhibition” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2020, 151, 105376. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejps.2020.105376
- Bondžić, A. M.*, Senćanski, M. V., Vujačić Nikezić, A.V., Kirillova, M. V., André, V., Kirillov, A. M.*, Bondžić, B. P. “Aminoalcoholate-driven tetracopper(II) cores as dual acetyl and butyrylcholinesterase inhibitors: experimental and theoretical elucidation of the mechanism of action” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 2020, 205, 110990. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jinorgbio.2019.110990